Optimum use of breath and inner heat increases metabolism. Sweating, stimulates elimination and reduces cravings. Some believe that one 90 minute hot yoga class can burn up to 1000 Calories (dependent on fitness and effort).
Regular hot yoga classes have a profound effect on the body and mind. Tolerance, perseverance, patience, discipline and non-reactiveness become part of the natural order where stress
strength and flexibility
Yoga helps to strengthen the body improving endurance and performance, while effectively allowing the body to open. Through consistent practice, the muscles relax and lengthen for improved flexibility.
focus and concentration
Asanas demand effort and concentration. Postures are held for between 30 seconds and one minute. This requires focus and attention.
What you practise on the mat you carry off the mat into the world.
Dynamic practice of postures helps to increase blood flow, dilate blood vessels and deliver fresh oxygenated blood to every cell in the body. Blood flow to every joint, ligament, tendon and internal organ is improved. This has a powerful detoxifying effect on the body.
Increased oxygen uptake through Pranayama (deep breathing) and increased sweating encourages accelerated detoxing.
- Sportsmen and women who wish to stretch tone and recover taught over-trained muscles.
- Anyone who wishes to restore balance and order to their lives as they get into ‘bullet proof’ shape.
- Those who want to start yoga but are daunted by traditional methods
- Die-hard yoga junkies
- Those in search of peace in a crazy, frantic world. 90 minutes of ‘torture’ is well worth the deep peace and well-being, even bliss which follows.
hot yoga is not recommended for anyone who has
- adverse affects to heat
- heat stroke
- heart problems or high blood pressure
Before attending class, please consult with your health care professional.