NOTICE IN TERMS OF THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT, 4 OF 2013 (“POPIA”)
In compliance with its obligations under POPIA GHY notifies you that it shall process your personal information including for the purpose of social media groups.
- The defined terms in this Notice bear the definitions set out in POPIA, and reference to Personal Information includes Special Personal Information.
- Reference to “Yoga classes” includes reference to all classes, sessions, retreats and/or events (without limitation) offered by GHY (and/or in conjunction with GHY), whether directly or indirectly related to the practice of Yoga.
- GHY values your privacy and acknowledges its obligations under POPIA in respect of the Processing of your Personal Information and complies with requirements of lawful processing of Personal Information.
- GHY will Process your Personal Information and requires your Personal Information for the provision of Yoga classes to You and to allow it to run as a yoga studio, render services to its clients, obtain services from its service providers, employ and/or appoint employees, contractors, service providers etc.
- By entering into this agreement, you expressly consent to the Processing of your Personal Information by GHY.
- The Processing of your Personal Information by GHY is mandatory.
- You have the right (subject to POPIA and GHY’s policies and procedures) to access your Personal Information, rectify your Personal Information, withdraw your consent, and/or object to the Processing of Your Personal Information by GHY. However, GHY can no longer provide services to you if it is unable to Process your Personal Information, and therefore GHY has the right to immediately withhold its services from You if it is unable to Process your Information.
- You are required to ensure that you update GHY if your Personal Information changes.
- You consent to GHY collecting your Personal Information from third party sources other than yourself.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator whose details appear below:
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOCIAL MEDIA GROUPS AND NEWSLETTERS
- If you elect to join any of the social media groups (including chat groups) or to receive the newsletter:
- You consent to the Processing of Your Personal Information for that purpose.
- You acknowledge and agree that such groups are by their nature public and therefore Your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties, including but not limited to users of such groups.
- You consent to receive notifications and updates from GHY regarding its services and offerings.
- You agree and acknowledge that GHY may remove you from such groups at any time, in its sole discretion, and without further notice to you.