Skip to content
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Hydration is paramount.
- Eat. But not for 3 hours before class.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before class. If you arrive less than 5 minutes before class YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. There are yogis lying in Savasana preparing for class and it is highly disrespectful to disrupt them with your haste.
- First time students, please arrive 30 minutes before class.
- Leave valuables at home. Take shoes off on arrival and leave them at the door. NO SHOES ANYWHERE IN THE SHALA. Bags can be left in the ‘Baggage Room’. Please do not leave bags and shoes lying around bathrooms and in passageways. We aim to create a space of tranquility, mess disrupts the flow of energy.
- Take only mat, towel and water into the hot room.
- Turn off cell phones and leave in the baggage room.
- Because the heat amplifies smells, please do not wear perfumes or smoke before class.
- Voices carry so please stay silent or whisper in the hallways and reception before class.
- When you get into the studio, please align the top centre of your mat with the little gurucat on the floor. This ensures everyone has enough space to practice comfortably.
- If you’re new to yoga choose the second row so you can watch the yogis in front of you.
- Shower on the day you come to yoga. Out of respect for others make sure your feet are spotless.
- Wear light tight fitting clothes. Silence at all times in the studio.
- Never hold your breath. B R E A T H E.
- Do your very best to stay in the hot room once you’re inside. If you feel dizzy, lightheaded or nauseous, lie in Savasana or Child’s pose.Leaving the room can sometimes exacerbate the feeling of anxiety. Most people respond better by simply lying down and focusing on the breath. It’s 100% acceptable to sit out of a posture at any time.
- If you need to leave class make eye contact with the teacher so she knows you’re okay.
- Practise stillness between postures.
- Honour the silence in the room by moving quietly.
- Focus only on yourself in the mirror.
- Never talk during class. Ever.
- Out of respect for your teacher and fellow students it is not permitted to leave early. (before or during Savasana). EVER.
- Observe silence.
- If you’ve left a sweat puddle, wipe the floor with your towel as it leaves the floor slippery for others.
- Leave the room quietly. Respect others.
- Drink Plenty water 2-3 liters. Drink Coconut water or take electrolyte supplements if you’re doing a lot of yoga. Keep hydrated.
- DO NOT QUIT after the first class, no matter how hard it was. We recommend you attend at least 3 classes for your body to adjust to this new type of physical activity and to feel the effects of hot yoga.